Since I left for the summer, Casa de Amor aquired a couple more babies for us to love on...these two babies arrived this week, actually.
The first is a 2 year old little girl who came to us straight from a nutrition center downtown. We knew that she is blind, but what we didn't know is that she doesn't eat. From Wednesday to Saturday, she was unable to eat more than a few spoonfuls of milk/pureed food, despite everyone's best efforts to get anything down. Unfortunately, she also wasn't able to keep down most of what she ate. On Saturday night, she went into the hospital to get fluids & nutrients. She was discharged this afternoon and is back with us, although our staff is working with child social services to determine if this is the best place for her to be. She also shows signs of autism. A foster family might be an option, as she would benefit so much from the attention that a set of parents could provide. Who knows - right now, I'm glad that she's here. Prayers for her would be so appreciated.
Next up...It's a Boy!
Weighing in at about 6lbs, we have a teeny 6-week old baby boy! I didn't get any great pictures yet, but he is a really pretty baby, and it's about time we got a new boy!
I was excited to get to meet both of them.
So yesterday afternoon as we were finishing up lunch at the Baby Home, the doorbell rang, and four women came inside. We have people coming in and out of the house all the time, and I didn't pay much attention to the visitors. One of the ladies had a baby, and one of the tias told me, "Look! There's another newborn for you!" I definitely thought she was joking.
I soon realized that the 4 women were from child social services......and our director confirmed it...we have a new baby girl!
AHH!! I was a little bit surprised to say the least...what a day! I don't know much about the baby's history yet - she's 10 days old, 6 1/2 pounds, and was left at a church. She's been very alert...she was awake for a good part of the afternoon/evening, which I thought would be great news for our night together...but apparently she thinks it's a good idea to stay awake day and night. Joy!
You should definitely be sleeping now.
Our two little ones
We joke that they'll be raised just like twins...at least it's not triplets, right? :)
send me one of those babies STAT
ReplyDeletep.s. looks like im going to need to get a new head count for the beanie babies
ReplyDeleteOh I can't believe you said "at least it's not triplets"... Famous last words! SAVANNAH were you praying for a triplet repeat???
ReplyDeletehaaaa NO!!
ReplyDelete