Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Partying with the Tias

Every night at the Baby Home, 2 tias are on night shift, sleeping upstairs with the children. After the kids go to bed, a lot of nights the night shift will play games or just hang out in the kitchen - times that I absolutely love! The tias have been some of my very best friends here in Cochabamba and are just like family to me. So, on Saturday, Tia Adelaida, who was on night shift that night, told me to be home, because she, Tia Techy, and I were going to play cards. So, Saturday night rolls around, and I'm doing dishes. Tia Adelaida comes in. "You're still going to play tonight, right?"
Me: "Yessss..." (like almost every night.)
Adelaida: "You wearing that?" This may come as a surprise to most people, but I was wearing running shorts and a t...like every single day of my life.
Me: ??? "Yessss...?"
Adelaida and Techy: "No you're not. You need to go take a shower."

So I obeyed. You don't mess with Tia Adelaida. :)

Then, when I was up in the triplets' room, Adelaida reappears and asks me to stay in the triplets' room while she sets up a game. Sir yes sir. A little bit later, I could come downstairs, and when I went into the dining room, all of the tias were there with their families for a little going-away celebration. I was very surprised - since the tias work 24 hour shifts, (24 hours on, 24 off...all year long,) it is definitely rare for all 9 of us to be together...but when we are, it is so, so much fun! So, so thankful to them for not only a very special night but for all of their patience, teaching, and friendship this year. Can't imagine being here without them.

the FEAST that the tias had prepared with my fave Bolivian foods. Yacua? YES PLEASE.

Tia Consuelo = Tia "Cur-aaaaaaay-seeeee" (Crazy.)


 They prepared a dance that celebrated the culture of Bolivia
...

...lovin that Coca!




Game time...Techy & I = complete taradas.

House favorite...the dress-up relay. Still have not mastered tying babies to my back.

Going to miss these girls just as much as the kids.




Baby Home Tias
Techy, Sarin, Roxana, Adelaida, Lucy, Consuelo, Luz, and Rosi
Love you, Tias!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.