Here in Cochabamba Christmas Eve is generally a bigger celebration than Christmas Day. The tradition is that families eat a huge dinner at midnight, sooo we did the same thing at House 1 with the tias! We ate a tonnnn and then played ridiculous games (with penetencias,) until 4am.
I spent Christmas Eve with these guys:
Tia Techy
...Tia Consuelo...(she lost)
...and Katrina, too.
We got up bright and early to make panqueques for the tias who had to work the Christmas day shift.
Katrina, Jennifer, and I headed to House 2 to kick off Christmas morning with our older kids
We didn't get a picture with evvverybody, but most of House 2 is here:
These 4 siblings are headed back to live with their mom on Monday - so glad we got to spend Chrismas day together. (Their mom, too!)
Reading the Christmas Story
Accessorizing
Presents!
Thanks, Claire!!!
A few more presents at House 1 on Christmas evening (Thanks, Mom, for sending stickers!)
woooo!
A very special day with lots and lots of happy kiddos!
So fun!!! I only hope someday I can experience a Cochababmba Christmas!
ReplyDelete