Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Meet the Parents!


Yesterday, this precious 4 year old had an incredibly special day...she met her new PARENTS for the first time!!!

That's right - we've got an adoption going on right now, and this little girl is getting prepared to head to Italy with her sweet adoptive parents. This is my first adoption to get to see, (most years CDA has had more adoptions than we've had the past few months - lots of government/paperwork problems...slfkajshlafkjsdhf.) I'm learning that to say the adoption process is an emotional roller coaster is an understatement - we are all SO excited for this sweetheart and her wonderful mom and dad!

Waiting, waiting, waiting...allllll morning long...

We had the morning to wait, so we went with the 2 other big girls out to lunch and paint our nails. I love seeing these 3 together!


Aren't we cute?

Finally, yesterday at about 5pm, the moment came! I think the tias and I could have been more excited than the little girl to meet her parents, but she did so well...she's definitely a shy one, so we were all nervous about how she would respond. I've listened to several stories about adoptions here...they sometimes go better than imaginable with kids running to greet their parents with hugs, and then there are the kids who run screaming from the room...! Fortunately, this girl was very calm and more pleasant than she tends to normally be with strangers. It didn't take long for her parents to get her laughing - absolutely incredible to watch.

The meeting!


Look what mom and dad brought - a backpack full of goodies!

Meeting the rest of the gang

No words.

1st Family Photo

She will be with us for another week or two, with her parents visiting constantly. After her court meetings within the next 2 weeks, she'll live with her parents here for about 2 months before heading home to Italy. (I think I'm getting the details right here.) So excited to watch the relationships being formed right now.

8 comments:

  1. What a great post that "sums up" adoptions (if that is possible)! As for the time line, this one has the potential to go a little faster. We are told that if we turn in our report by Thursday 11am, their 2nd hearing could be on Friday afternoon...which means she leaves us then. :( Then the family will be here 6-7 more weeks for two more hearings and of course more paperwork, then they fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i freakin wanna cry...good job Savannah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crying here in England, praise God for His provisions for orphans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely and sweet little girl!So happy...Vale&C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is precious! Great post, thanks so much!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best post ever! I cried as I read it on my phone...and wanted to comment but couldn't til now. C looks beautiful and I'm so happy for her but I'll miss seeing her next time I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tearing up at the family hug photo...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.