Thursday, February 4, 2010

Least Fun Outing Of the Week...

...That award would go to this 2 year old!

Meet my little post-op patient - they don't come much cuter than this!
This poor guy had a double-whammy on Tuesday- he underwent a little hernia repair as well as circumcision - fun stuff, huh? All is well, but as you can imagine, we haven't been in the best of spirits since!
This little boy is actually part of a boy-girl twin set, and let's be honest...on a "good" day, he can be difficult. I was a little scared of bringing him home, but surprisingly, he has been a much better patient than I ever would have called. He's getting much better every day - the hardest part is keeping a 2 year old boy laying down all day! I think he's soaking up LOTS of attention from tias and curious toddlers - it's going to be a rude awakening when he doesn't have someone kissing his feet all day! Literally. :)

Cookie monster

He had a surprise visitor who wandered into our room...his second half!


Nurse's assistant

Big thank you goes out to anyone who sent the Sielbeck family a Christmas card this year...Mom brought them in her suitcase for me to look at when she visited in January, and they kept our patient entertained for HOURS today, no joke. He has inspected and played with every single one and ripped up quite a few of your lovely faces. Thanks for the entertainment...your cards have been put to good use! (And I loved seeing them, too.)

2 comments:

  1. Awww thanks for posting this! And thanks for kissing my little boy's feet while I am stuck in the States. I wish I was there to tend to him hand and foot!

    And I agree, he's a WAY better patient than I could have imagined too. I was kinda worried for you guys, so I'm glad he's doing okay. Though I feel bad for the poor little guy. Surgery on that body part is NOT cool!

    and yea! You posted pics of his sister too!!!! I miss my tremendos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's my little boy doing?

    Does he still give kisses with his tongue sticking out and his mouth wide open?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.