Part of the welcoming committee/gate unlocker of Casa 2- there's nothing like a pre-breakfast frolick in your onesie!
I had a pretty full weekend - thanks to some switching around, I had a double dose of 13-hour shifts at Casa 2 this weekend. (And was back again on Monday...but that's a different story.)
I have to admit - I was not super pumped about the weekend at first, but it ended up being a real treat. The kids at Casa 2 can be a handful sometimes, (umm...when I take them to church without backup support!), but they really are great kids - sweet, unbelievably responsible, and full of personality. Saturdays are full of chores, baths, and playtime. Sundays we throw church into the mix.When I work weekends at house 2, I work with one other tia. One of us takes the kids to church and the other one stays home and cooks lunch and dinner for the day. (Yes. I've learned to cook for a small army. what. a. joke.) I don't think mom believes me on this one. I don't blame her - cooking huge pots of vegetable soups has never been a favorite pasttime of mine.
I have to admit - I was not super pumped about the weekend at first, but it ended up being a real treat. The kids at Casa 2 can be a handful sometimes, (umm...when I take them to church without backup support!), but they really are great kids - sweet, unbelievably responsible, and full of personality. Saturdays are full of chores, baths, and playtime. Sundays we throw church into the mix.When I work weekends at house 2, I work with one other tia. One of us takes the kids to church and the other one stays home and cooks lunch and dinner for the day. (Yes. I've learned to cook for a small army. what. a. joke.) I don't think mom believes me on this one. I don't blame her - cooking huge pots of vegetable soups has never been a favorite pasttime of mine.
Sunday afternoon I had the kids by myself for a few hrs. I was going a little stir-crazy from being in the house all weekend, so instead of watching a movie (the kids' weekend reward if they behave all week,) the kids wanted to go on a car ride. But first, literally all afternoon, they BEGGED me to let them wash Jennifer's car! (They are obsessed with the car!)
I gave in, they had a ball, and Jen, your car is sparkling!
Ready to head out in our crowded but clean coche! (The 11 yr old in the front seat drove.)
Just kidding - I definitely drove - it's always an adventure driving a dozen kiddos around! If you've read the book Cheaper By The Dozen, it talks a lot about the family driving all 12 kids around in one car, and getting to do this myself gives me a good sense of the craziness that comes with these outings! The kids behave really well in the car and are just nonstop-excited for the entire ride. Sunday afternoon we decided to drive to the market to pick out ice cream for after dinner...we paraded into the store hand-in-hand...the whole dozen. I will say we got some stares as we weaved in and out of the aisles! I couldn't stop smiling though, and neither could the kids. Plus, picking out favorite ice cream flavors turned out to be a great way to bribe encourage everyone to have good manners at the dinner table that night!
Ice Cream Time!
Very attractive
Yum!
A sweet way to close out our weekend!
Looks like very tiring and very beautiful work.
ReplyDeleteOh! So if I´d given them helado they´d of behaved for me?
ReplyDeleteTiring - amen.
ReplyDeleteBribes - ditto!
Gracias a todos for the car wash!! I tried that once at the Baby Home, but it ended up dirtier (and more scratched) than when we began, imagine that! But I'm so glad you had a fun afternoon and it IS fun taking out those kids. Hard to imagine you {already} driving around Cochabamba. Cool!
i laughed every time you said ride
ReplyDeleteSavanah, the thought of you driving 12 kids around all packed into that car makes me quite amazed (and smiling, too). I thought I was tough you on all during the mission trips we took. And now you're tkaing others on a little "mission trip" of their own - sweet!
ReplyDelete