Sunday I had an all-day shift with the older kids- always fun and usually a little tiring, too! Yesterday was my first time taking the entire dozen of kiddos out to church by myself. Between the facts that the sermon is in Spanish and that I was constantly doing head-counts in the sanctuary, I don't know how much of the service I was able to soak in, but things went pretty smoothly for the most part. I'm sure our rowdy group was a distraction at times, but I'm really glad that the kids get to go each week. They especially love Sunday School and sing the songs that they learn for the entire rest of the day. Also, the church that we take Casa 2 to is the same church where a bunch of our Casa 1 staff members go, so it is great to get to see them outside of the walls of Casa de Amor!
Beautiful day out - working puzzles in the backyardPost-burp shot
I also got to spend some sweet 1-on-1 time with this girlie! Sunday afternoon I drove her to House 1, because a family who sponsors her wanted to meet her. We waited for about an hour, (they didn't come,) and during that time, the rest of the kids at House 1 were napping. Sooo, I had an hour to entertain this goofy 6-year-old...we played with the camera's self-timer, ate jello, and even made a skype video-call to dear old dad at home! Dad used all of his Spanish conversation pieces within the first 7 seconds of our call, so he then proceeded to walk around the house with his laptop getting all of our dogs on camera. She LOVED it and kept on wanting to call my dad back. Gracias, padre! You're going to have to come meet these guys face to face soon. And bring the dogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.